Monday 26 February 2007

Cowboys don't dance



Okay, today was the first day of school after winter break. My lessons should have started at 12, but I was feeling really sleepy so I decided to go to school an hour later. I missed a bus and I knew I would be late, so I really thought about not going at all because I only had two lessions of history. My bus comes every 20 minutes so I just sat to the bench, listening to Midlake in the rather wintery weather of Helsinki (-8 celcius). After 15 minutes of contemplating my life, I started thinking about going back home. But then I thought it'd be a pretty meaningless day if I would do that. Wake up, shower, music, eat breakfast, go to bus stop for 15 minutes, go back home. So I decided to go to school, which was actually pretty great cause I love history and I was in lessions for only 80 minutes.

Anyway, what I realised at the bus stop bench is that I love Midlake. The Trials Of Van Occupanther is probably one of my top 5 albums of 2006. It's a rare glimpse of light in this single infested world. Okay, Roscoe is also a superb single, but the most of the tracks on the album work better as album tracks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You got talent for writing mate!

Anonymous said...

Good words.